- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION – PRIVACY STATEMENT
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
Our policy regulates the data of both the visitor of our website as well as our e-shop and is about the processing of your personal data. If you do not agree with our policy, you are free to quit or unsubscribe from either our website or the e-shop.
- PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
The email address you might provide to subscribe to email service or register through online forms may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, invite you to various events, inform you about special actions of our Company or send you our news. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt-out of them, by cancelling your account or by following the unsubscribe link you will find at the bottom of all our digital communication material.
Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then are deleted from our systems.
(c) E-shop Service: In order to perform any transaction through the “Matter” e-shop and to place any order of the company’s products, you will be asked to provide some personal data which are necessary for such a transaction, your full name (first name and surname), the address for the delivery of products, your phone number (whichever phone number you specify – fixed network phone number or mobile phone number), your email address and, in case you choose to use your credit card as a payment method, you will be asked to provide the card number, its expiry date as well as the 3-digit security code of your card. If you also ask us to issue an invoice you may be asked to give your fiscal (TIN / AFM) number as well. If you fail to provide us with some of the above information, we may not be able to complete your order.
(d) Consent: We reassure you that we ask the minimum of the data required for the transaction. Upon accessing and using the website and e-shop service, you provide us with your explicit consent (provided directly to our company: “Matter”) to process the relevant personal data requested in order to fulfil the placed order, and further you declare that all the information given, is true and accurate.
- HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Website and E-Shop Service, to quickly process your transactions, to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products, news and services and to respond to your questions and concerns. The legal basis is art. 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Our company may process your personal data for keeping records of your interests and, thus, keep you informed about offers, sales and relevant to our activities, news. If you have given your consent, we use the information that we collect to send you marketing communications in our newsletter. The legal basis is art. 6(1)(a) of GDPR.
- We also use the information we collect to improve our website in order to better serve you, or to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- REQUESTING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA – EXERCISE OTHER RIGHTS – RETENTION OF DATA COLLECTED
You have the right to request access to your personal data that we hold about you, or to refuse at any time, such kind of services as above and withdraw your consent by e-mailing us as defined above at email@example.com. You have also the right to ask for your personal data to be corrected, to amend or delete inaccurate data or ask for your data to be deleted from our database, directing your relevant request to the above e-mail address.
Your data are kept in our records as long as the transaction is in track, as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. After the completion of the transaction and the period of time that is legally required for any possible review or return of the goods, as well as for any further compliance with our legal obligations, resolution of disputes (if any) and enforcement of our agreements, your data are kept securely stored by completion of the process of ‘pseudonymisation’. If you are a visitor to our Website and E-Shop Service, we will retain your information for as long as necessary but no longer than one (1) year after your last visit to our Website services.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: Our company will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of our company (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We may transfer personally identifiable information to our partners or other companies related to us, provided you have given us your respective consent in advance and after requiring the aforementioned persons to have safeguards similar to them we use at home. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Website or E-Shop Service, such as posting public comments on the relevant page of our Website, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Website or E-Shop Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Website or E-Shop Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Website or/and E-Shop Services. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: Our company will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and/or (iii) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our company, our users or others.
(d) What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to our Website and E-Shop Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- HOW WE PROTECT AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For your safe navigation on matterdesign.eu as well as for the security of your transactions through this site, the Company takes all appropriate measures by adopting modern high quality security standards according to market trends, which are put into operation during the import of sensitive personal data offering encoded communication. The Company takes the necessary steps to protect your personal data, but you should also keep in mind that safe navigation on matterdesign.eu is also up to you.
Our company has taken all the necessary technical measures and precautions to ensure the security and the appropriate use of your data. However, not any technical measure of electronic storage through is 100% secure.
a) GDPR COMPLIANCE
Our company shall process the above data in accordance with the GDPR (EU 2016/ 679) and the relevant national and EU legislation, currently applicable as this will be adopted, supplemented or amended in the future. Our company has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
b) COMPROMISE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, our Company will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
- Your Choices About Your Information. Current customers can correct, update or delete inaccuracies to the information about them that our company keeps on file by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours and handle it promptly. Data protection law gives you a range of rights in connection with our processing of your personal data. In this regard, you have the right to request that we rectify or delete the personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data, if you think they are inaccurate. Furthermore, you have the right to object against the processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. We are required to assess and act on your request. Additionally, you also have the right to data portability if it should become relevant. You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. The contact information of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority is: 1-3, Leof. Kifisias str., P.C. 115 23 Athens, Greece, Telephone: +30 2106475600, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. In compliance with GDPR provisions our company commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If the complaints cannot be amicably settled between our company and the complainant customer, the customer can bring an action before the Greek Courts of Athens, which are enforcing the Greek laws.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, our company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting Us